What can I do to better cope with lockdown?
Here are 10 tips:
•Write down your priorities. What do you need to organise in order to have as pleasant six weeks of lockdown as possible? Set up a new ‘lockdown life routine.’
•Aim to get 20 minutes walk outdoors in sunlight everyday.
•Remember that it is natural to feel anxious, and please don’t feel ashamed.
• Try to talk to friends and family every day via phone/whatsapp etc.
• Watch movies and tv-series that make you smile.
• Use the time to do things you didn’t have time to do before, like learning something new, such as an instrument or a new language. Or reading the book you wanted to read but never had time to do.
• Do some future planning. What do you want to do when this is over?
• If you have young children, try to think of things you might need to buy to keep them entertained at home. Pens, paper, artcraft, ballgames or what you think suits your family.
• Set aside a special time per day to read news so you don’t get ‘information overload.’ Limit the time for news and don’t watch news later than 2h before bed time.
• Now feel good that you have done what you can you to make this situation the best it can be.